Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> First I'm cc'ing the public list ooo-dev@apache. Communication using
> that list is public.
>
> Second, and the point of this communication:
>
> OpenOffice.org was using SPI for aspects of fund raising and money
> management. With the transfer of the code to Apache and the
> development of a new community around Apache OpenOffice, as it is now
> called, there is no need for SPI's services.
>
> These were good, and as the representative from OOo to SPI, I thank
> you for them.
>
> Biut with the Apache fund management system, not only do we not need
> SPI but having it as the manager of funds accrued prior to the
> transfer to Apache only complicates matters. We would like to to have
> those funds transferred via Wire to Apache. I can (or others who know
> more) supply the relevant bank information for that.

I've sent a check for the current OO.org balance to the address listed
at http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html

I overlooked the desire to wire the money when I initially read this
message.  Hopefully the different payment method won't be too much of a
hassle.

> I, and others, would like to sort this out soon, as having funds that
> can be used to further develop the project split among groups, however
> friendly, is counterproductive.

The check should be received by 2012-05-04.

--
Michael Schultheiss