Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
> I'm jumping in and speaking as a mentor of AOO and  ASF VP of
> Community Development.

Thanks - and just to be clear, I'm only speaking as an ordinary
contributing member of SPI, who felt a responsibility to ask what I
felt were obvious questions.  So, I can't see any of these emails:

> [...] For
> more information on this please see the mail sent by Wolf Halton to
> treasu...@spi-inc.org on 19 March 2012 (subject "monies collected for
> OpenOffice.org") and copied to bo...@spi-inc.org by Michael
> Schultheiss on the same day. [...]

as - for reasons which I think I know and agree with - those mailboxes
are not visible to all members.

Thanks for quoting parts of it, but it's enough to learn that
assurances have been sent.  I trust the board to judge whether they
feel that they are sufficient to ensure that SPI-held funds are used
honestly, as described at the time they were raised.

Thanks also for explaining the absence from the projects listing.

(I am, of course, saddened to see an association-supported project now
apparently forked into two(?) foundation-supported projects, because
open and voluntary membership and equality are important to me, but
I'm just odd like that.)