On Thursday, 3. May 2012 at 00:01, eric b wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 2 mai 12 à 22:53, Wolf Halton a écrit :
>
> > I had just that issue. LO uses /usr/bin/soffice as well.
>

> Not very kind :-/

well we used it since many years and people will expect that OpenOffice will
start. Let us wait what happens when users complain.
We can of course create a further link aoo, aooffice, apacheoo or
apacheopenoffice. But I would like to keep soffice as well because it is used
in many places.

> > Can we just change that in the integration code so it s-links to /
> > usr/bin/aooffice, or
> > would it be better to push that over to the Ubuntu packagers?
> >

> No idea about the packagers. What I know, is that change all soffice
> inside the $INSTALL_DIR/program is difficult, but change the shell
> name calling it is easy. That's even what I did with OOo4Kids and
> OOoLight. For that, I created OOo4Kids.sh, located in sysui/desktop/
> share, and containing:
>
> -------------8<--------------------
> #!/bin/sh
>
> exec /%PREFIX/program/soffice "$@"
>
> -------------8<--------------------
>
> PREFIX contains the install path, and you can rename it
> ApacheOffice.sh, or whatever name, of course.
>
> Next step : the code to be modified stands in sysui/dekstop/share/
> create_tree.sh file + some little things in the makefile and in the
> Debian control file maybe. Of course, if you need, you can reuse what
> I did in OOo4Kids and I'll relicense it under Apache License.

We should analyze careful what we change or have to change. But right now I am
not willing to change anythings that belongs to OpenOffice and is taken by
others.

Juergen