Juergen Schmidt wrote:
We can of course create a further link aoo, aooffice, apacheoo or
apacheopenoffice. But I would like to keep soffice as well because it
is used in many places.

It would definitely make sense to continue using soffice. And, unless it gets political (and I hope it won't), Ubuntu could modify its packaging.

If another name is needed in addition to soffice, then the best option would probably be ooffice, which is already in use with, e.g., the Red Hat packaging of 3.3. No need to add "a" or "apache" as a prefix: Apache Subversion uses "svn", not "asvn"; and the same for Tomcat and other Apache software.

Regards,
  Andrea.