On 05/03/2012 11:29 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Kay Schenk<kay.sch...@gmail.com>  wrote:

On 05/03/2012 09:43 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
One thing we don't have any more is that registration dialog from
OpenOffice.org.   Does anyone recall what that used to do?  For
example, did it sign users up for the annou...@openoffice.org mailing
list?

I don't recall the registration doing this...

If so, since that is gone, we've lost the primary way for users to say
that they want to get occasional updates from us.  This reduces our
opportunity to engage with our users.

I wonder if it would be worth adding to the home page, a new option:
"I want to stay informed about OpenOffice"?  That could go to a page
where we give information on the announce list, the project blog, etc.
  It would take the place of the old registration system.

-Rob

I think this is definitely worthwhile! Either as a permanent news item,
or something similar -- a new tab, a new main menu option.

If we had it as a new home page option we would need an icon, similar
size and color palette as the others.  But an icon of what?

well...maybe one of more "artistic" members could weigh in on this one... I don't have any ideas...

MzK

  Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

MzK