On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM, drew <d...@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-05-04 at 21:10 +0200, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>> > <snip>

>> > Made a change to that, can see a png as
>> > http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/rect17764.png
>> >
>> > and the inkscape file as
>> > http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/keep-in-touch_.svg
>>
>> Great.
>>
>> Please note that you have to make them a bit smaller (like the others on
>> "www.openoffice.org") and then I don't know if the text will still be
>> readable.
>>
>> "http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/g6897.png"; seems to be better, bright
>> green color for the envelope and no border. Maybe also a little "f" for
>> our Facebook fans?
>

> Right - facebook, knew I was missing something ;-)
>
> Well, actually this works for me - I'm going to a barcamp on the 19th
> and figured I'd better have a little 12 slide presentation on the
> netbook - I figure that's a cool graphic for a page listing our
> channels.

I do like it.

> I should of thought about the real image size for those buttons, feel
> dumb, I'll take a stab at that.. the text will go away then I would
> think.

I tried rendering the SVG at 50x50 and nothing comes through.  I think
we need something much simpler.  I'll look around.

I also noticed now that the exiting art work is 50x500 pixels.  They
have two versions of each icon, one for the mouse over where they
darken the image a bit.  Clever, but more work for producing new
icons.

-Rob