- A link back from the AOO site itself to the account. This is a key way that we can inform users of which social media accounts truly could speak for the project or not. I.e. any "official" accounts the PPMC approves and manages should be linked directly to from someplace on our website. Any other, non-PPMC accounts could also be linked, but on our website we can let users know which ones we run versus third parties.

Comments on these guidelines?

- Shane

On 2012-05-06 11:05 AM, imacat wrote:
Dear all,

     I would like to propose setting up three official Apache OpenOffice
social media accounts for the Taiwan local community:

      1. I would like to set up the Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ooo.tw/

     as the official Apache OpenOffice Taiwan Facebook users' group.  It
is a Facebook group started since 2010/12, and is the current Facebook
group for our local community.

      2. I would also like to set up an official Apache OpenOffice Taiwan
Plurk account, too (whether @apacheoo or @apacheootw is not decided
yet.)  Plurk is the most popular micro-blogging service here in Taiwan,
and is even more active than Facebook.

      3. I do not know if this is appropriate.  I would like to set up an
official Apache OpenOffice Taiwan blog.  That may be apacheoo-tw on
blogspot.  It shall contain Apache OpenOffice announcements, as well as
local news.  Please tell me if there are other suggestions on this.