On 2012-05-06 12:11 PM, imacat wrote:
On 2012/05/06 23:34, Shane Curcuru said:
Basic guidelines would include:
- (P)PMC approval.  You're already handling this one here on the lists,
great!

     Thanks.

- PPMC ownership.  More than one PPMC member should be able to fully
administer the account.  A best practice is to have several PPMC members
being able to post to the account at will, and to have a basic agreement
at keeping the PPMC apprised of the administrator list and allowing
other PPMC members to join as authors or administrators.

     There is some problem here.  Currently there is no other Taiwan PMC
member but me.  I plan to use these pages as a start to invite more
volunteers, refer them to ooo-dev, and eventually propose some of them
as new PMC members when appropriate.  Surely I can invite other
English-speaking PPMC member to fullfill this request now, but that does
not make sense.

     In cases other than Taiwan, this means the official local page needs
to have at least two PMC members in order to work.  That may not be an
easy condition for non-English-speaking countries.

The minimum from the ASF side is that more than one PPMC member has access to the account - for example to be able to quickly send an urgent message, or if the account creator disappears and isn't maintaining the account. So adding another PPMC member to help administer will work just fine - even if they don't speak your target language, they could at least still access the account and update it (perhaps updating the list of admins with a new volunteer) if for some reason you are not able to.

I.e. not everyone who is an admin on the account has to post to it regularly. Some projects - smaller ones than this, however - just send the login details to all PMC members, just to ensure they can access the account if needed.

Does that make sense?

I agree, the other important issue is having volunteers who can actually post relevant things to the account regularly - it sounds like you are covering that for the time being.

- Shane

- A note on the homepage of the social media account/page/whatever
noting that it is run my PPMC members from the AOO project.
- A link back from the AOO site itself to the account.  This is a key
way that we can inform users of which social media accounts truly could
speak for the project or not.  I.e. any "official" accounts the PPMC
approves and manages should be linked directly to from someplace on our
website.  Any other, non-PPMC accounts could also be linked, but on our
website we can let users know which ones we run versus third parties.

     These are OK.