On 2012-05-08 4:32 PM  Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 05/09/2012 12:07 AM, schrieb Simon Phipps:

On 8 May 2012, at 22:55, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

When you as ML moderator approve a post to a mailing list, please can you also state that the author is not subscribed to the ML and that everybody who wants to replay has to CC'ing the author?

This would be very helpful from the start of the first posting.

As a moderator, I am not aware of any way to do this; the moderator has no means to add a comment to an approved posting. It is possible to tell from the message headers that a message has been moderated, so perhaps you could add a rule/macro to your mail client to add the originator as a cc on any reply when this header is present?

I remember that it was possible with the old OOo mailing lists. I cannot believe that this is gone even when here a different ML service is working. ;-)

If you can tell me how to do it in Thnderbird I can give it a try.

Marcus

Messages from an unsubscribed poster contain the following header:

You can create a filter on this header with Thunderbird for emails. If you follow this list as a newsgroup using, as I do, you can't create a filter. There were many complaints on the old OOo lists about allowing unsubscribed posters. Unless they are clearly identified in the Subject line, it is a pain in the ass to identify them. Nothing was ever done to rectify the problem.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese