On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Paulo de Souza Lima
<paulo.s.l...@varekai.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I think it could be useful opening a new topic for this issue.
>
> I've noticed there are two diferent wikis, in fact. The old one inherited
> from OOo, based on Mediawiki and a new one, based on Cwiki. I was wondering
> which of them will be the main wiki in the near future.

Note that we have two websites:

http://www.openoffice.org

and

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg

(When we graduate that second one will change to http://openoffice.apache.org)

So why two websites?  Why does this make sense?

Consider this pair of websites as well:

http://www.coca-cola.com/

and

http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/

So the idea is that one website is public-facing, user-facing, about
the Apache OpenOffice product.

And the other is project-facing, about the project.  It is the website
(and associated CWiki) where we do the real work.

The user-facing website will have a lot of translated content.  The
project website will not.  With the user-facing website we should
spend some extra time to make sure it looks as good as it can.  With
the project website, we don't want it too look bad, of course.  But it
is a busy workshop, where things are changing fast.  We're pragmatic,
not pretty.  The Cwiki is a mess, but it works.

That is the kind of distinction we have between the two websites.

It is important to also note, that they are linked.  For example, on
the user-facing websites, when we talk about contributing to the
project, we link them to the project website.

-Rob