Hi there,

We know AOO website is not set up to be (easily?) localized, but we've
been doing our best with the guys on the Spanish mailing list to update
the Spanish NL site, mainly translating /adapting the main English site.

I've been trying to translate the download page, you can find it at
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/es/descargar/index.html
So far I see two (main) issues:

* I had to make a copy of exceptions.css to adapt the cachedimages/*.png
  URLs

* we want the look & feel and the system detection, but not the
  language detection: the user is on the Spanish site, the download must
  be a Spanish package. I hacked this by adding a variable that is set
  on the localized index.html via setLanguage("es"); then this variable
  is used instead of navigator.language. I guess that instead of this,
  the script code could detect if it is invoked from /download/index.html
  or /$LANG/xxx/[.../]index..html
  Is this solvable? Anyone with a better idea?
  The page looks like:
  http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/www-es-descargar.png
  with this patch applied::
  http://people.apache.org/~arielch/patches/localize-download-index-html.patch

In a perfect situation, the site should be localizable with PO files,
and no need to hack stuff... but we are far from this situation.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina