On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:57 AM, Kevin Grignon
<kevingrignon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to propose the creation of an
> ooo-ux@incubator.apache.orgmailing list.
>
> The frequency of UX-related discussions are increasing, and interest in the
> UX community is growing.
>

>From what I can tell, creating a new mailing list by itself does
nothing to increase activity level in an area.  We can look at the
ooo-marketing and ooo-qa lists for examples of lists that were
created, but then nothing much happened.  They are buckets, not
communities.  And they never reached a critical mass of participation.
 At least not yet.

But we have other lists that have been successful.  Some of the native
language lists, for example have done quite well.

So if you do go for a separate UX list, I'd highly recommend that you
couple it with some outreach and recruitment plan that goes beyond the
participants on the ooo-dev list.  Maybe a blog post would help,
something that we can promote via our other tools (social media,
announcement list, etc.) to bring new interested parties to the new
list.

-Rob