On May 18, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

>> 3 - Some of them, even knowing English language, have difficulties to reach
>> this list because they feel, let's say, unconfortable in dealing with
>> "famous people" like many of you. =) Apache seems to be a serious place
>> (maybe too serious) for those people. They are affraid to be misundestood.
>
> My philosophy with this project was to try to be the first person to
> make every possible mistake.  I looked for things that no was trying,
> and did them, just to show that it could be done.  I didn't care if I
> looked foolish.  I think we need more people willing to take that kind
> of risk.  I think you will find that the project is very "forgiving"
> of English learners.

I think this is core to the Apache Way. With humility. I've had a similar
philosophy.

For me, one benefit of working on this project is learning how to be more
tolerant of those who have to read and write the messages on this list.

And, it can be a lot even for those who speak English as a first language.

Regards,
Dave