Regina, where did you see anything about using GIT with AOO?  That needs to be
fixed.

For committers, it is necessary to use SVN.

There is no git-based submission on the Apache OpenOffice project.

The git view of the SVN is a courtesy, it is not how development is done.

You can derive a patch *file* with git (though it is tricky to find how to do
it, as I recall) and submit it to AOO as an attachment to a bugzilla or in a
post to ooo-dev (I think in-line text then).  All of those things can be done
as well with the SVN (and it is easier to derive a patch file), but you can
also do commits in the SVN if you have committer authorization.  Committers:
Remember to use the https: URL when checking-out a Working Copy in order to be
able to make commits.

Contributors who do not have commit rights can also use the SVN and derive
patches in their working copy.
Committers who would rather submit a patch for review than make a commit
directly can use the same procedure with their SVN Working Copy.

 - Dennis

PS: For those who have not dug into the AOO SVN Structure already, it may be
interesting to learn that the www.opeenoffice.org web site is maintained in SVN
and published via SVN also.