On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I am unsure from your statement Choi (is it proper to use the second name in
> conversation?) whether you were confirming the user's report.

It's simple. I installed AOO 3.4 and I realized there's no option for
choosing file association.
I read every sentences on each dialogue box, but there's no mention or
no option.

I installed AOO 3.4 again on another computer. It's on Windows XP and
there is MS Office 2007.
After I installed AOO 3.4, .docx, .xls, .xlsx are opened in MS Office.
However .doc is opened in AOO.
And as I said there was no option nor mention about file association
while installing AOO.
I can't check what exactly happened in registry because I don't have a
authority for that, but I'm
sure AOO changed something without user's agreement or notice.

> The check must not be implicit to the user who just clicks continue and
> accept buttons through the WIndows installation process. Users must
> explicitly choose to have AOO override MS Office for MS Office documents.

I totally agree with you, dave. and this one should go to bugzilla.

JiHui Choi