> First of all let me ask one question:
>
> Can we really not have the java components from Symphony?
> We do have Java stuff already and even if it may not seem so,
> Eclipse is not really a problem since we can ship Category B
> binaries.

I'm curious about this as well. Was IBM's rationale for not donating the
Java bits based on a perception that we wouldn't *want* that stuff, or is
it just proprietary IP that IBM wants to hold onto (Yog-Soggoth knows
why, if so, since
they donated everything else!), or is there some other reason?

Personally I'd love to see AOO get our hands on the Java bits, even if
they don't
make it into an eventual AOO release.  I suspect (hope?) that some
stuff in there
might be useful to future (or current) projects focused on integrating AOO and
Eclipse, which would be kinda cool.

But, in either case, big thanks to IBM for donating the Symphony code
as they did.  Even
if they don't ever release the Java stuff.  :-)

Phil