From: RGB ES [mailto:rgb.m...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 01:36
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; orc...@apache.org
Subject: Re: Next steps for Symphony and AOO

2012/6/12 Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org>:
> Predictably, I prefer approach I on first principles:
> Never derail the train that's running.

I think this is fundamental: big changes on short times will give
enormous problems to the current user base, not only because the
obvious need to learn something new, but also for the inevitable load
of new bugs. AOO is a user oriented system, so we need to put our
users first by avoiding any regression and limiting the annoyances.

I think we can learn a lot about the "KDE 4.0" experience: even if KDE
4 started to be wonderful after 4.3, even now on the 4.8 era there are
people still protesting because the disastrous experience with 4.0...
Four years have passed!

Option 1 is slow, but as my grandmother used to say "walking slow
you'll arrive far"

Regards
Ricardo