Am 06/22/2012 08:45 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
On 6/22/12 7:51 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
On 6/22/12 7:05 AM, Herbert Duerr wrote:
Hi,

On 06/19/2012 01:18 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 06/19/2012 01:15 PM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
[...]
The builds will be made available under
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots

Great to see progress with new Dev Builds.

I would suggest to reuse the old page (rename it first to get rid of the
version number). Then you don't need always to build up a new page and
the download webpage doesn't need to be updated everytime with a new
link which difference is just the version number.

So, a webpage URL name like this would be better and chances to live
longer are much higher. ;-)

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots

I agree, using a page with a stable page name such as the
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds

would be better. That's why I had created it many months ago. I suggest
to add the details of our next development snapshot builds to that page
instead of the short-lived micro-release-specific pages.

you didn't promote this page good enough ;-)

But as I mentioned yesterday I am not very happy with the current
structure and it is not well structured.
I didn't remember that the wiki page is linked from the download page
but that is indeed a good reason to have a more stable page.

I will move the content and will create a further section for the
upcoming 3.5 dev builds as well.

ok, cleanup finished.

You can now find the the dev snapshots for 3.4.1 under
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOO3.4.1

The download page is also updated and link now to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds

Kay and Jürgen, thanks for your updates and to unify the entry point to the dev builds. I thought to update the download pages now on the weekend but you were faster.

PS:
I had inserted a link to the dev builds (as it was in the past) to bring attention to them. Maybe I was not load enough here an the list. ;-)