On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 4:24 PM, drew <d...@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 10:11 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM, drew jensen
>> <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > No it doesn't have an autorun file.
>> >
>> > By the way - are both of you on the OASIS ODF..hmmm, team, project, not
>> > sure what to call that - I really want to yell at someone from OASIS
>> > about their stupidity on Plug-fests...so which of you is it?
>> >

>> We have several OASIS members in the AOO project: me, Oliver, Don,
>> Louis, Dennis, and anyone else I missed ;-).  But the Plugfests are
>> not done by OASIS.  They are organized by another group that works
>> informally, albeit with a membership that overlaps.
>>
>> What's the issue?
>
> What is this I hear that TDF is being denied the use of the name, ODF
> Plugfest. The plan was to host such an event at our annual conference
> but apparently folks (hell IBM) is blocking it...so what's up with that
> - what happened to openness as in Open standard, non encumbered by....
> and all that BS?

We have a conf call planned for this Thursday, I don't think we have
any blocker. The only issue I've been reading about is all about the
fact that part of the discussion about the organization has not been
held on the usual channels. As a result some of us were not aware of
the fact the next ODF-Plugfest was going to be held concurrently with
LO event, so when the news come out it was a kind of surprise.

So said, we're on track to start working on making it happen.

Roberto

--
====