On 6/28/2012 16:07, Hagar Delest wrote:
Le jeu. 28 juin 2012 11:27:54 CEST, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<orwittm...@googlemail.com> a écrit :
On 27.06.2012 14:58, Rob Weir wrote:
But one question:  Has anyone actually tested the upgrade experience
from OOo 3.2 to AOO 3.4?

As far as I know, it was not tested yet.
But, I think we need to assure that is works.

I'm rather confident it will work.
But the problem is with the user profile. Since AOO 3.4, we have many
topics in the forums where the fix is to reset the profile. The problem
is that it can lead to frustration because of the loss of customization.
Worse, when users want to downgrade, the new profile is sometimes no
more compatible and definitively wrecked for them.
Could something be added during install to make a copy of the user
profile (at least silently)?

But on the other hand, I doubt we will ever have a robust solution for
such upgrades. So in the end, the users may have no choice and redo all
the customization in case of upgrade.
But if so, the user should be at least warned. Not that easy, I agree.

Hagar

Hi, Hagar,

Is it really necessary to delete the whole User folder, or is it enough to delete the registrymodifications.xcu file in that folder? AFAIK, the user will lose only the "recent documents" entries for the item on the File menu, but other settings may vanish, too. The keyboard, toolbar, and autotext/autocorrect settings should be preserved.

If deleting rm.xcu fixes the users' problems, we really should be asking them to attach a copy of the old one to a BZ issue, so somebody can see what's going wrong.

/tj/