I'd like to propose that the project consider a special level of Committer
called Translator.

These individuals will need to meet the following requirements:

(1) Sign an ICLA and have it on file.
(2) Be sponsored by a member of the PPMC.

Once a sponsor is found.

(A) The Sponsor starts a VOTE thread for Translator by the PPMC on ooo-private.
(B) With a successful VOTE an Apache ID is requested.

The Apache ID is setup just like for a Committer except no SVN Karma is granted.

The Translator would have access to pootle.a.o and people.a.o.

Translators who earn merit can later be VOTEd into Committer and PPMC roles.

If the project wants to do this then I'll take it up with the IPMC to see if it
is an acceptable practice.

Regards,
Dave