There is an interesting dialectic here between acting with "enlightened
self-interest" and being entirely selfish.  All I have suggested throughout
this episode is that the project be egalitarian towards its website assets
and expect all committers to abide by the same set of expectations (which means
everyone is expected to at least TRY to follow the documentation others have
generously provided).  Remember, the prerequisite skills here are an ability
to follow instructions combined with a familiarity of how links are created in
html pages.  Nothing more is required, and as Hagar has figured out how to use
Roller, I'm guessing he has the requisite knowledge about html.

Only those who expect special treatment beyond the expected normsof the project
should be offended by what I'm saying.   Yeswe all have a DUTYto act in ways
that aligned with community expectations-no peeing in the communitypool please.

After all Apache operates these assets in the model of an intellectual commons
that everyone should treat with an appropriate amount of respect towards each
other
and the org.

I haveoften described my role in this org as akin to being a park ranger, and we
all know how well the average citizen pays attention to the rules of the park.

I haverefrained from using any labels here other than to say that the behavior I
amquestioning is less than model behavior.  Yet I have received a lot of flak
and not a lot of rationale behind the defense of that behavior.  That people
unfamiliar with the documentation see nothing wrong with what Hagar offers here
is not surprising, those people aren't going to read and apply it either.  Oh
well, it's your community folks.