On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Barry Storah <barrysto...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I keep getting a message to "Register Your OpenOffice.org", it is not
> possible as I always get the message - Internet Explorer cannot display the
> webpage, or from OpenOffice welcome page - get more information "the webpage
> cannot be found".

Hi Barry,

It sounds like you are installing an old version of OpenOffice.  The
current version is 3.4 and it does not have a registration screen.
You can download the latest version from
http://download.openoffice.org.

If for some reason you need to install the older version, you will get
the behavior you reported.  The registration went to a Sun/Oracle
website that no longer is up.  You can safely ignore that error.