On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2012-07-17 1:15 AM Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I agree in general to you and thanks for summarizing this topic. I have
>> only one point to add, why should we mention potential problems that we
>> can't reproduce? In this case I would not mention it, it would be
>> different if we couldn't fix the problem. But we simply can't reproduce
>> it.
>>

> Check how many times this problem has been reported on the users forum.
> The collective wisdom of all the people giving support for windows is to
> use Java 1.6 32 bit. I don't use Windows but I recall that many of the
> reported problems were on new installations of OpenOffice.
>
> --
> ______________________________**___
>
> Larry I. Gusaas
> Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
> Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
> "An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind
> theirs." - Edgard Varese

Juergen --

Hi. I'm going to take Larry's advice on this one. I did see your comments
in the issues re not able to reproduce. Unfortunately, with these kinds of
situations -- OS differences, levels of OS patching difference, etc. --
it's a tough call. What I will say is that there have been SOME issues with
using 64-bit Oracle Java on 64-bit Windows, the problems are NOT
consistent, and may, in fact, be due to extension problems with some advice
on how to troubleshoot. I woudl not make a blanket statement that ALL
Windows users should only use 32-bit Java.

So, stay tuned. I'll do what I think is reasonable, and hopefully not point
fingers exclusively at AOO 3.4.

MzK

"I would rather have a donkey that takes me there
 than a horse that will not fare."
                                          -- Portuguese proverb