Exactly so Dennis, and here is the community documentation which spells
out how a committer can "more easily make changes without having to go
through the patch submission process" for the website:

    http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html

"...Making updates to the Apache OpenOffice project's websites is simple.
    It's even easy
for non-committers (new contributors - like you) to create
    a patch to request that
pages are updated by the project community...."