On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:54:29 -0600
Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2012-07-17 2:38 PM Joe Schaefer wrote:
> >> ________________________________

I agree with Larry Gusaas.  It is important to remember that many of the
participants to this and other projects have real lives with concommitant
duties and responsibilities, which we may not wish to divulge publicly.  We
give freely of our time, as permitted by those requirements; for some (many)
things we have not the spare time or leisure to devote, as in this case
learning how to edit a Wiki or a web page and/or making corrections to it.

You say "I have challenged you to increase your level of contribution to this
project to match the expectations of the other participants and committers on
this mailing list"; this is utter arrogance.  You and other contributors to
this list have no knowledge of Hagar's responsibilities, or of mine or of most
other participants and are not entitled to demand that he do more, simply
because you think he ought.

You are perhaps not aware of the full level of Hagar's contribution to one
aspect of OpenOffice, the running of the Forum. The Forum takes some hundred a
day postings off your lists, in terms of actual queries posted, and some
several hundred (perhaps more) per day which are answered by users accessing
its knowledge base, which if that were not there could materialise as extra
queries posted to your lists.  If the Forum collapses, your lists will become
unworkable!  All you, and all other contributors, are entitled to expect is
that we deal honestly and fairly with you, reading nothing beyond that into our
words and requiring nothing beyond that; part of that honesty is to say "I have
not this or that ability, or the time/inclination to learn it."

If someone points to a flaw, in whatever, and indicates that he has not the
time or knowledge or inclination to fix it, then that flaw and fix become fair
game for anyone else to fix, and that is as it should be.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>