On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM, drew jensen
>> <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> still

>> > just to clarify - I don't mean that the link above works sometimes - I
>> > mean that the download triggered from the OO.o site works for me other
>> > then when tds.net is the actual server.
>> >

>> Scanning over the website I see two kinds of mirror brain links.
>>
>> One kind points to openoffice.mirrorbrain.org.  That is what we use on
>> the legacy download page and some of the NL pages, e.g.,
>> da.openoffice.org
>>
>> The other kind links to download.services.openoffice.org.  That is
>> what the Finnish NL page uses.
>>
>> From what I can tell the openoffice.mirrorbrain.org ones are working
>> fine.  it is the download.services.openoffice.org ones that are
>> failing.
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> We seem to have MANY references to  download.services.openoffice.org
> in the web pages. Maybe INFRA could do a DNS redirect for us from
> download.services.openoffice.org -> openoffice.mirrorbrain.org?
>
> Should we request this?

If it is all in HTML pages that we control, it would be better to
update the HTML.

But I wonder whether we should just point them all to SourceForge?
So far no one has taken the lead on figuring out what we need to do to
maintain MirrorBrain.  So we're constantly one hiccup away for that
service failing entirely.   If the directory structure is the same
this could be an easy search and replace operation (or a small set of
them) on ooo-site.

-Rob