On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> >> still
> fail-over

> and it

> >> Scanning over the website I see two kinds of mirror brain links.
> >>
> >> One kind points to openoffice.mirrorbrain.org.  That is what we use on
> >> the legacy download page and some of the NL pages, e.g.,
> >> da.openoffice.org
> >>
> >> The other kind links to download.services.openoffice.org.  That is
> >> what the Finnish NL page uses.
> >>
> >> From what I can tell the openoffice.mirrorbrain.org ones are working
> >> fine.  it is the download.services.openoffice.org ones that are
> >> failing.
> >>
> >> -Rob
> >>

> > We seem to have MANY references to  download.services.openoffice.org
> > in the web pages. Maybe INFRA could do a DNS redirect for us from
> > download.services.openoffice.org -> openoffice.mirrorbrain.org?
> >
> > Should we request this?
> >

> If it is all in HTML pages that we control, it would be better to
> update the HTML.
>
> But I wonder whether we should just point them all to SourceForge?
> So far no one has taken the lead on figuring out what we need to do to
> maintain MirrorBrain.  So we're constantly one hiccup away for that
> service failing entirely.   If the directory structure is the same
> this could be an easy search and replace operation (or a small set of
> them) on ooo-site.
>
> -Rob

Before I stopped my search of the website content ("grep"), I had 3133
occurrences.  Maybe 75% of the way done I think. So, a lot...so far, a mix
of 3.3 downloads (at SourceForge), and 3.2 (not at SourceForge). So, we
could definitely change the 3.3 references to SourceForge, but what about
the 3.2 references?