On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:55 AM, Jürgen Schmidt
> <jogischm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> do we need special preparation for the upcoming release of aOO 3.4.1?
>>

> I think we should start preparations for:
>
> 1) Updating the /download site to point to 3.4.1 release files
>
> 2) Keep the legacy download page as it is now, pointing to the
> previous major release, which is still OOo 3.3.0
>
> 3) Copy the AOO 3.4.0 files into archives.apache.org
>
> 4) Draft the announcement blog post
>
> 5) Submit SHA256 hashes to Symantec for whitelisting.  (Any other AV
> vendors have a similar process?)
>
> 6) Update the podling website to point to the new source distribution

Something else we need to do to prepare for the release:  Update the
NL pages for the newly supported languages.

AOO 3.4.1 adds support for 5 more languages.   Just in time for the
Olympic Games we now have the UI translation for British English.
Other languages added are Khmer, Finnish, Slovak and Slovenian.  The
NL pages are here (no NL page needed for en-GB):

http://www.openoffice.org/km/

http://www.openoffice.org/fi/

http://www.openoffice.org/sk/

http://www.openoffice.org/sl/

Some of them are in good shape already and will just need to update
the download links and maybe add an announcement about the AOO 3.4.1
release.  Others need more work.

-Rob