On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 06:08 +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 1. August 2012 um 02:41 schrieb Rob Weir:
> > On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Keith N. McKenna
> > <keith.mcke...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > > With the release of OSX Mountain Lion and its new Gatekeeper feature I
> > > wanted to ask if any thought had been given by the community of applying
> > > Apple for a Developer ID. My limited understanding is that by signing the
> > > installation files with the Developer ID it automatically unlocks the
> > > gatekeeper and allows the application to run. Otherwise there is a short
> > > process that one must go through to change the security settings for the
> > > application allowing it to open.
> > >

> > We'd like to do code signing, not only for Mac but for Windows as
> > well. Signed installers are the new normal and are expected by
> > browser, anti-virus scanners and increasingly by operating systems.
> >
> > Although we have volunteers willing to do the build integration work,
> > and funds available for acquiring certificates, we've been told that
> > individual Apache projects may not do their own signing. The Apache
> > Infrastructure team is trying to figure out some way that this can be
> > done centrally. But no estimate for when this will happen.
> >
> exactly and at the moment we can only wait, I have no idea how we can help
> further at the moment. Any ideas are welcome.
>
> In the meantime we should add a note about the new Gatekeeper of Mountain
> Lion. It's a one time ctrl-click or opening via the context menu. After that
> you can run it as normal without any further dialog from the system.
> I tried it out and forget to take screenshot to document it.
>
> Juergen

Hi,

Installed the latest 3.4.1 build, as administrator, under Vista
yesterday and started a few checks.

Ran into this:
http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/send-doc-warning.png

I'm not totally sure on this but I assume that when the install files
are signed it would take this away also - yes?

Thanks,

//drew