On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 18:28 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM, drew jensen <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 09:09 -0700, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> >> Hi Kay;
> >>
> >> I did some basic update to the FreeBSD porting site sometime ago:
> >>
> >> http://www.openoffice.org/porting/freebsd/
> >>

> >> The site doesn't seem linked from the top-level porting site though.
> >>
> >> I would prefer to spend my time on the code rather than on the release
> >> announcement, however feel free to mention explicitly the FreeBSD port.
> >> Just to make it clear: we still have some cleanup to do but the port is
> >> fully operational and FreeBSD users are fully aware that it's available
> >> on FreeBSD releases.
> >>
> >> Pedro.
> >>
> > Hi Pedro,
> >
> > Then for BSD it should be enough to just point to the page you updated,
> > yes?
> >

> IMHO, we should consolidate all the porting links onto that one page.
> That way it gives one clear place to link to in the announcement, but
> also a single place we can link to from other places in the future.
> For example, we should probably eventually have a link to the porting
> page from the download page.
>
> -Rob

hmmm - well, I'm just getting around to looking at things for this
evening.

Looking at the page(s) now... *chuckling*..

This might not be the right place for what I thought was the task - a
list of existing known ports which are not part of the official AOO
release regiment.

The porting page and it's associated pages seem more about the act of
creating a port, with

http://www.openoffice.org/porting/porting_overview.html

and
http://www.openoffice.org/porting/porting_implement.html

which starts off by pointing to this page:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Porting_Efforts

and that offers links to places such as
http://www.openoffice.org/udk/cpp/man/cpp_bridges.html

So do we really want a page for listing existing non-official ports that
are known, a simple information service for our users without and
explicitly stating such, endorsing the work - or do we want a resource
for those wanting to perform a port to a new platform - for the
announcement(s) that is.

//drew