Hello,

I posted this to ooo-users but was advised to post it here:

I found this guarantee for oneway calls:

http://www.openoffice.org/udk/common/man/uno.html

>>    sequence of calls:
>>    UNO allows declaring a method oneway (or asynchron). Multiple,
>>    oneway calls are guaranteed to be executed in the same sequence as
>>    they were called.

Now my question: what happens when oneway and normal synchronous calls are
mixed?

We use UNO as a component framework for our large project (on Redhat Linux
EL5.8)  with many of our own interfaces. E.g. if several oneway calls are
issued, and then a synchronous call, does the synchronous call wait until the
oneway calls are finished? Or are normal and oneway/async calls not connected?

I also found this:

http://www.openoffice.org/gsl/UnoOnewayDeadlock.html

I seems to have been written in rather a hurry with several mistakes, so I am
not sure whether I understand it right, but it seems to state that all previous
oneway calls are finished until the synchronous call is executed, and the
client blocks until this is finished.

Thanks in advance.

Karsten