On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2012, at 10:24 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>
>> Hi Jürgen,
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 01:35:34PM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> as you have probably noticed I have started a VOTE for our AOO 3.4.1
>>> release. We should prepare everything for next week to have it in place
>>> if the 2 VOTEs (PPMC + IPMC) will pass successful.
>>>
>>> ToDo's
>>> 1. Release Notes, already available. Potentially some updates or
>>> improvements have to be integrated
>>> 2. upload of the binaries on dist -> prepared and ready to start
>>> 3. changing the download page, adapt download logic -> ???
>>> 3.1 changed logic for the former 3.4 download -> they move to
>>> archive.apache.org -> do we need to change something, we download via
>>> Sourceforge?
>>> 4. prepare announcement for the announcement list and the various social
>>> medias
>>> 5. ... what else?
>>

>> We should upload the three official extensions to the extensions
>> repository:
>>
>> 1) Presentation Minimizer
>> 2) Presenter Console
>> 3) MediaWiki Publisher
>
> These are in the source package, but we did not have an opportunity to VOTE
> on and inspect these binaries did we?

Some extensions were included in the binaries, installed automatically
as part of the main product install.  They look like integrated parts
of the UI.  You can see Presentation Manager in Impress, under
Tools/Minimize Presentation.  I'm pretty sure the Presenter Console
requires two displays, so I can't see it.

The question is how we take the extensions in standalone form and put
them in other common repositories?

Would this be analogous to what Java-based projects do with Maven?
They build and release a larger source and binary distribution for
their release, and that release distribution might contain several
related libraries.  And after the release is made a volunteer uploads
the individual libraries to the central maven repository,

How is that done with Maven central repository?  Does the project do
that officially?  Or someone just does that individually?

-Rob