As we perform the final preparations to release Apache OpenOffice
3.4.1 it is a good time to look ahead to the future.  A big
opportunity is OpenOffice 4.0.  That once seemed so very far away, but
2013 is getting closer every day.   Will it be a large collection of
small ideas?  Will it have a major overarching theme?  Or will it just
be whatever random stuff we happen to have on a given date when we
release 4.0?   The answer, of course, depends on what we, as project
members/volunteers decide to do.   It is a good time now, as a
background activity, to poll the community and wider ecosystem on
ideas for Apache OpenOffice 4.0.

To participate, go to this page on Google Moderator, where you can
help us gather and rate ideas:
https://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=2011d5

A few project members have already "seeded" this with some initial
ideas. Of course, you are encouraged to add your own ideas, as well as
rate the ideas of others.   Try not to censor yourself from thinking
outside-of-the-box.  We need big ideas as well as incremental ones.

We don't have a close date on this brainstorming activity, but it is
good to get your ideas in early, so there is an opportunity for others
to rate and comment on it.