On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
> wrote:

> proceed

> will

> have

> are

> can

> (tomorrow),

> this

> >> I'm at home now and just found this mail which seems to be the latest in
> >> this thread and for the 3.4.1 release.
> >>
> >> Is everything uploaded, distributed and available for public download?
> >> I had no chance yet to check myself, so I'm simply asking. ;-)
> >>

> > We were waiting for the sync to finish, distributing the files to the
> > US and EU distribution servers:
> >
> > http://www.us.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
> >
> > and
> >
> > http://www.eu.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
> >
> > It looks that looks like it recently completed.
> >
> > Just need a go ahead from Roberto.
> >

> I just chatted with Roberto.  He says they are ready!
>
> So can we all get our page changes onto staging?  No one publish yet.
> But lets get the updated announcement, release notes, and especially
> the updated download pages in place.
>
> We can do a quick sanity check and if no problems are found then we
> can publish them later tonight.
>
> I'll hold off the announcement until tomorrow morning, giving some
> extra time for any errors to be reported at low volume before we turn
> on the fire hose!

For the time being AOO 3.4 is still the default, once the news is out we'll
set the dafult to AOO 3.4.1.
Note that the default comes into play for users downloading AOO directly
from SourceForge (mostly because of the Carousel on SourceForge directory
displaying the Apache OpenOffice ads).

Roberto

--
====