On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
> Funny.
>
> I imagine that if the Board were to take any surprising action, it would be
> by declining the request for approval of the TLP, along with recommendations
> for any cure.
>
> In any case, the board can veto anything, whether done in the open or not,
> whether the list of PMC is agreed or not.  I suggest the idea is always for
> us to govern ourselves as a community, to respect the ASF policies and
> principles, and to respond to actions and instructions from the board however
> they come about.
>
> Having a public understanding of the proposed PMC membership followed then
> the designation of a Chair seems completely appropriate, despite the
> possibility of lightning bolts from on high.
>
> If there is to be determination of the recommended Chair by lazy consensus
> (and voting if necessary), should not the recommendation for the PMC also be
> brought forward for concurrence on ooo-dev?

It is all one graduation resolution.  The IPMC will review it as such
and approve or disapprove it as a whole.   The ASF  Board will treat
it as such and approve it or disapprove it as a whole.   I suggest we
do the same.  Of course, if we find there is contention on any part of
the resolution then we can discuss that part separately. This is true
for all parts of the resolution, not just the PMC part of it.  But I
would not assume in advance we will need to go through it, clause by
clause, in separate votes.

-Rob