Am 08/23/2012 03:57 PM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
On 8/23/12 3:03 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 02:18:22PM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
I was too fast and should have read the thread completely.

I can't remember the reason why I left out the en-US lang packs, we
should check if they are necessary at all or if en-US is always there.

If you install a localized install set, you get only that localized
language. IIRC OOo never released en-US language packs, that's why many
people working in translation, needing to check some UI string in
English, ended up installing the en-GB language pack. Although for this
use case, it would be better to provide archived versions.

It would be interesting to know the statistics, from which countries
where those en-US language packs downloaded.

seems to be room for improvements, maybe we should think about
multi-lang office with 2 langs ->  en-US + 1 lang  or move forward with
the en-US language pack

the easier part is to provide the en-US language packs that we have
voted on and that were part of the snapshot builds. I still don't know
why I have left them out... Maybe I simply have overseen them because of
our stupid directory structure I have to copy en-US separately. But that

Yeah, yeah, understood the hidden wink. Will change with the next bigger release. ;-)

should be no excuse ;-) By the way I have copied them already on dist.

OK, that would be also my suggestion. I don't see a reason to exclude them, too.

I will also work on some SDK release notes but I am not sure if I will
finish this before I go on vacation on Saturday. I have some other
things on my to-do list first.

That sounds nice. You really deserve many days off. :-)

Ciao

Marcus