On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 at 12:09:57 -0700, drew wrote:

[...]

> Howdy,

Hi there,

> It is - I had one question though.
>
> Looking at the information at the SF pages it says
>
> "The Debian packages in this repository are the same as provided by
> the Apache Foundation on its web page [1]."
>
> So, are these actual copies of files downloaded from AOO?

Yes. As you can see on the README file, our intention is:

| to provide a easier way for installation of the Apache OpenOffice
| (AOO) on Debian and derivatives desktops while it is not available on
| the official repositories, and make necessary adjustments (still at
| the beginning) so that it is according the Debian policy and DFSG.

*PS: Please reply with "CC" to me because I don't subscribe this list.

Marcelo G. Santana (aka msantana) | GNU/Linux User number: #208778
      http://blog.msantana.eng.br | http://identi.ca/mgsantana
      http://www.debianbrasil.org | http://br.gnome.org
 GnuPG fprint: 88FB 5D63 ED02 3B5D 90D6  3A3E 8698 1CC9 89C5 5467