Am 09/06/2012 01:33 AM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

On 09/02/2012 03:18 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

On 09/02/2012 08:02 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Hi all,

I was busy at the weekend to clean-up the DL scripting.

The new webpages are accessible here (as long as they are not
published):

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/index.html
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/other.html

Some notes before you start with checking out:

1.
The current focus is on reducing complexity, better simplification and
more automatism. Not the design and layout. This is nearly the same.

2.
It's normal that not all links will work as it's only a part of the
download area. It depends on the link itself if it's not yet working or
really broken. ;-)

3.
When you find errors and want to report them please make sure to browse
to the following webpage to help me with some debug data:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/analyze.html

Next big step is to implement the new directory structure on the
mirrors.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Marcus

VERY good! I am looking at changes in svn and I can see MUCH
improvement. I will try to help with suggestions in the coming week.

...more

You are making very good progress and I hesitate to just make changes
without discussion.

What do you suggest for this?? Additional sections on the wiki page??

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Improvements+for+the+download+webpages

Hm, I've already created a new table in the Wiki to document the separating the general improvements from the one towards the new mirror structure.

But I think this is now enough. Otherwise the overview is really gone.

attachment of pertinent files to the wiki page with comments?

When the things are discussed and done then these data normally remains - at least this is my impression from other Wiki pages. Then the is also gone. Besides this I think it becomes very fast a real clutch.

Let's see if we can make some progress here on the ML. When there is something valuable, then we can take it over to the Wiki page. So, I would suggest to create new threads with appropriate tags like "[DL scripting][SCHEMA] ..."

What do you think?

Marcus