On 9/6/12 11:52 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 09/06/2012 01:33 AM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

>>> VERY good! I am looking at changes in svn and I can see MUCH
>>> improvement. I will try to help with suggestions in the coming week.
>>>

>> ...more
>>
>> You are making very good progress and I hesitate to just make changes
>> without discussion.
>>
>> What do you suggest for this?? Additional sections on the wiki page??
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Improvements+for+the+download+webpages
>>

> Hm, I've already created a new table in the Wiki to document the
> separating the general improvements from the one towards the new mirror
> structure.
>
> But I think this is now enough. Otherwise the overview is really gone.
>
>> attachment of pertinent files to the wiki page with comments?
>
> When the things are discussed and done then these data normally remains
> - at least this is my impression from other Wiki pages. Then the is also
> gone. Besides this I think it becomes very fast a real clutch.
>
> Let's see if we can make some progress here on the ML. When there is
> something valuable, then we can take it over to the Wiki page. So, I
> would suggest to create new threads with appropriate tags like "[DL
> scripting][SCHEMA] ..."
>
> What do you think?
>
> Marcus

I think we can finalize the future directory structure #part 2 on the
wiki page.

Current proposal:
.../ooo/<VERSION>/source/
.../ooo/<VERSION>/bin/<LANG>/
.../ooo/<VERSION>/bin/SDK/

When I remember there were some concerns regarding "bin". And I would
keep the project name open or flexible assuming a change in favor of "aoo".

.../<PROJECT_NAME>/<VERSION>/source/
.../<PROJECT_NAME>/<VERSION>/binaries/<LANG>/
.../<PROJECT_NAME>/<VERSION>/binaries/SDK/

Where PROJECT_NAME is something like "ooo" or "aoo" or "openoffice". I
would say we need no voting for this and need further discussion only if
somebody see some problems with the new proposed structure.

Juergen