On 9/7/12 3:50 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I managed to build the MySQL Connector extension and make it work on
>
> * CentOS 5.8 32 and 64 bits
> * Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32 and 64 bits
> * Fedora 15 32 bits and 17 64 bits
> * Windows XP 32 bits
> * Windows 7 64 bits (arch. does not matter on Win, AOO is a 32 bits
>   application)
>
> You can find the extension binaries on
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/extensions/aoo-my-sdbc/
>
> These are supposed to be "universal" builds, that is, run on every
> Windows version, and Linux distro (Linux base is CentOS 5 with glibc
> 2.5). Everyone is welcome to test if they work on their systems; by
> "work" I mean it does not crash, I didn't fix any of the existing
> issues, it was just a try-to-build-it (for now).

it's cool and will help probably many people.

How did you build it? Did you simply use the former code and build it
within our normal build env? Or did you use a SDK env or a completely
new one. Did you create a separate module or project?.

Well we had reasons to exclude it from our normal builds and I think it
would be good to learn more about the way you have chosen to build it. I
remember that we talked about solutions for some removed features that
somebody could take the code and could create a mini project somewhere
else to ensure that it can be built and used with future AOO version.

Juergen