Hi

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 03:43:10AM -0700, jsmith...@fastmail.fm wrote:
> For more information see
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=56141
> In all recent versions of Open Office, many people have complained that
> they get an error about Java being corrupt. This has happened with more
> recent versions of Java starting with 6.35.
> The forum user "Bill" tracked down the issue, by looking at Libre office
> bug reports, to being a missing file "msvcr100.dll" which is included in
> Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).
> The common solution that people have come up with in the community
> support forums is to install an old, insecure version of Java.
> It seems like a simple solution would be to include the Redistributable
> Package in the installer like many other packages already are. This will
> increase user's experience by not seeing an error when first attempting
> to use a wizard or the Base application, and increase their security by
> not finding recommendations to install insecure software.
>
> Thank you for your time.

Thanks for the information. I could reproduce it by removing
msvcr100.dll from C:\WINDOWS\system32.

Now, I'm not sure if this is something AOO should fix: AOO is built with
VS 2008, so its redistributable package is installed with AOO. It's
Oracle Java 7 that is build with VS 2010, Java 7 has msvcr100.dll in the
\bin folder, but I guess they should install the redistributable system
wide.

Found this interesting stuff
http://www.duckware.com/tech/java6msvcr71.html

For now, the solution is to install