On 9/19/12 1:08 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 9/19/12 12:57 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> Hi Jürgen, Dali,

>>> The task panel is not limited to presentations you can use it in the
>>> context for all applications. Let me check if I can find an example ...
>>
>> A while ago I moved the example from sfx2/workben/custompanel/ (where it
>> was left in an unbuildable state after gbuild migration) to the SDK:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/odk/examples/cpp/custompanel/
>> (unfortunately, for Java-only extensions developers, it's written in C++)
>>

> I have a Java example in place and people can ask. I will try to make it
> available asap, it is using the NetBeans plugin and comes as NetBeans
> project right now.
>
> Juergen

But more important is the question how we can move forward with the
already  planned improvements of this feature (see the wiki pages).

Especially the tabs on the right site with icons etc. comparable to the
side bar in Symphony. Symphony comes here with some good improvements
and useful property side bars. And we have already a mechanism to
integrate such task panes/side bars via extensions. We should think
about how we can bring together both ...

Juergen