On 10/9/12, Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OOo had a substantial community marketing project with community members
> attending key events. How do we improve on that now with AOO?

I remember one of the last activities before OOo was forked and most
 operations came to a halt, was building a collection of 'approved
 events'.  we rate them as how strategically important for the
 marketing plan was, and how much support it would get from the
previous marketing budget.

 FOSDEM was one of them, as well as OSWC and Latinoware to mention a few.

 We also thought about having dedicated speakers since they were
 repeatably asked to give talks in their regions and were considered as
 the "OpenOffice.org guy" in the FLOSS community.

 I am not sure how this activity goes for or against things done on
Apache Way. But It was one of the ideas of the new Marketing Plan
(which also was
 halted).

I think there were some policies on the way the money would be spent
such as, we could fund up to 50%, and only for traveling and hosting
(no food or drinks). Other rules were still being put in place.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice