On 10/9/2012 4:27 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:
On 01.10.2012 06:16, Andrew Rist wrote:
I'll checkin the code this week - was trying to get a working env with he branch, and was having the usual issues.

Thanks.

Don't know how far we're taking this , but would be nice to leave the build cleaner and more stable...

I finally got to checking out the buildsys branch and building it. Before I describe the problems that I have I would like to ask if you have made changes beyond adapting the license headers?
At his point I have done nothing beyond applying the patches and updating headers.

I am still trying to figure out what has been changed and why. The commit messages of the two larger commits (1394326 and 1394707) state that both contain changes from CWSs ause130, ause131, gnumake4 and sd2gbuild:

    ause130: #i117218# change .idl handling to gnu make
    ause131: #i117685# own copy target for globlmn.hrc
    gnumake4: add support for zip and jar files
    sd2gbuild: migrated module sd to gbuild
    gnumake4: #i117340#: CustomTarget: replace broken multi-repo support

Why are there two commits?
My first checkin did not identify all the files changed during the git apply actions. the second checkin was an attempt to rectify that. As I write this I am realizing that I did not add all of the new files delivered in the patches. I will look at this in a bit.

Now to my build problems (I am building on Windows 7):

1. I can not run main/bootstrap without manually sourcing the solar environment (winenv.set.sh).

2. Build breaks in udkapi. For some reason the udkapi/prj/build.lst has been stripped to just building udkapi/prj. That directory does not contain a makefile, therefore the build breaks. Also, udkapi/prj/d.lst has been stripped empty. That would mean that all IDL files in udkapi are not accessible anymore. I don't see how that could work.

re 1: This should be easy to fix.

re 2: This looks like a serious problem. Without understanding the goal of these changes, it is hard to come up with a fix.
Let me add the files and then try again...

A.

-Andre

Sent from my iThingie