Am 10/12/2012 10:34 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
Hi,

I am seeking for some small changes to give our product a little fresh
look. Changes that are more low cost and don't require huge
implementation efforts.

For example all the grey colors are not so nice and I tried a new color
for the application background. I would like to propose that we change
the default color to a new fresh one. If our users don't like and prefer
the old grey one they can easy revert it via the option dialog.

The question is about the start center because the changed application
background has no impact on the start center yet. But I think this is a bug.

Or maybe not. The dialog option talked about the *Application background*. As the start center is not part of any application module, it has to be seen separated.

But I'm with you, it should be configurable via this dialog option, too.

Marcus

Examples:
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/aoo_new_defautl_background.png
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/aoo_new_defautl_background2.png

I know that probably many have an opinion about the color. But more
important for now is the question if we want such a change in general.
In the end the color should fit to other branding items as well.

UX has probably some comments and feedback here as well?

Juergen