On 12/10/2012 RGB ES wrote:
2012/10/12 Jürgen Schmidt
For example all the grey colors are not so nice and I tried a new color
for the application background. I would like to propose that we change
the default color to a new fresh one. If our users don't like and prefer
the old grey one they can easy revert it via the option dialog.
Examples:
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/aoo_new_defautl_background.png
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/aoo_new_defautl_background2.png
The change is a good idea, but that blue seems a bit too strong to my eyes.

I agree that the change (setting the default to non-grey, while leaving of course the possibility to go set the color as it is now) is a good idea.

I played a bit with the colors at Tools->Options->OpenOffice.org->Appearance->Application background and "Blue 9" seems easier on the eyes:
http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/aoo-background-blue9.png
but it is still not optimal and all other colors should probably be tweaked to apply a consistent palette.

Regards,
  Andrea.