On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]

It never occurred to me that any of them would have necessarily been
interested. It seemed curious to me that this should be pointed out
actually, but I have no former experience in how initial PMCs are
established.   Maybe it was mostly a concern due to our size and the extent
of our activities. We have the "roles" thread that Oliver started a while
back that should be documented on the planning wiki, and see if we've
forgotten anything, or want to document these activities more in depth.

As for me, I'm happy to see that Dave Fisher is included, and I'm sure we
can rely on him for advice, etc.

> This was a failure in the method we chose to determine the initial PMC:
> we chose based on project visibility/popularity and by their function our
> mentors have tried to remain with a low profile and intervene only when
> it was absolutely necessary.
>
> This is something relatively easy to fix though, let's hope it doesn't
> delay
> us too much.
>
> Pedro.

MzK