@All: Given the fact that we're constantly cross-posting: is there any preference to limit the discussion to one of the list or shall we continue like that?

Hi Simon,

comments below:

On 10/31/2012 7:16 PM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
Peter,
   Please see my comments below:

2012/10/31 Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org <mailto:peter.ju...@gmx.org>>

    Hi Simon,

    On 10/30/2012 11:25 PM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:

        Peter,
            Please see my comments below:

        2012/10/29 Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org
        <mailto:peter.ju...@gmx.org>>

            Hi Simon,

            On 10/26/2012 9:48 PM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:

                Don & Peter,
                     I think it is a very good opportunity to promote
                Apache OpenOffice in
                China marketing through Apache Asia Roadshow 2012. And
                from another side,
                the wide influence of OpenOffice can also help to
                promote Apache.
                     I'd like to work with Peter together on it. The
                target can be not only
                attract individual volunteers to participate the
                community, but also
                demonstrate the business opportunities and attract local
                business
                partners.
                     While first of all, I'd like to know more details
                about this event.
                Perhaps Jimmy is the right contact?

            Agree with you!
            Per check with Jimmy, we need to give a outline draft now.

    I will work on it in the evening, when I'm home from work. Do you
    know --e.g. from Jimmy-- if the outline needs to meet certain
    requirements?

Per my check with Jimmy, for now there is no certain requirements since
it is at a very early stage. We can just list the proposed
topics/agenda, with speakers and time needed.
For now, we should prepare for an 1 hour session, and when the overall
Roadshow agenda finalized, we will know if we can get more time...
So maybe 20 minutes for each of the 3 topics below? Not able to touch
too much details, just brief message for promotion...

I have changed the times a bit, coming up with an asymmetric proposal, e.g. I think I can do my part in 15 minutes hence others have more time. So, here's my outline for my talk but also a proposal for the whole session:

<<< ------------------------------------------------- >>>
Apache OpenOffice session at the Apache Asia Roadshow 2012

The below outline was drafted under the assumption that this seesion may take up to 60 minutes (more time is always welcome).

1. Part: The history and status quo of OpenOffice
Speaker: Peter Junge
Time: 15 Minutes
Brief outline:
+ History before Apache
  ++ From StarOffice to OpenOffice.org to Apache OpenOffice
+ OpenOffice at Apache
  ++ New Challeges, e.g. License and different community vision
++ Organizational status quo of the project, promotion from incubator to TLP

2. Part: What's happening around AOO in Beijing
Speakers: Staff from IBM and CS2C give short talks about their projects
Time: 25 minutes (NOTE: I see two ways to fill this part, either one senior of both IBM and CS2C gives a summary or 4 Lightning talks. Assuming that the audience we can expect is not too used to lightning talks, I would propose the former.)
Possible Topics:
+ UOF support in AOO
+ Fidelity improvements
+ Quality improvements
+ OpenOffice business in China
+ <add more here>

3. Part: Apache OpenOffice and the cloud
Speakers: Liu Shenfeng (aka Simon) and Da Li (maybe CS2C can also contribute)
Time: 20 minutes
Possible topics:
+ Social Integration with AOO
+ <add more here>
<<< ------------------------------------------------- >>>

Best regards,
Peter

- Shenfeng Liu (Simon)

               indeed, let's put together such a session for the
            Roadshow. A possible
            brief outline would be:
            - Introduction to and history of OpenOffice

        +1, history and latest status. - I think you are the best one in
        Beijing to
        present this topic. So I wonder if you can prepare for an outline?

    Yes.

            - What's happening around AOO in Beijing respectively China.
            Engineers of
            IBM and of CS2C could share what they are working on.

        +1 again. The UOF contribution, fidelity improvement, quality
        improvement
        efforts... I can check with Ji Yan, WeiKe or Liu Tao to see if
        we can work
        together on it.

    That would be great.

            - How businesses and users can benefit from AOO, ways to
            join the AOO
            community.

        I think firstly CS2C can share their experience on building the
        business on
        AOO.
        Secondly, since the theme of this Roadshow is cloud, we can
        share the topic
        of Social Integration with AOO. I will work with Da Li to
        prepare for the
        outline.

    Sounds excellent.

            How much time we can spend on the parts would depend on how
            much time we
            would get in total.

        I'm still checking with Jimmy for how much time can we get. But
        basically I
        think we can start and propose the topics above.

    The amount of time we have would be great to know.

        Any suggestion?

    Not yet, maybe later, e.g. after drafting that outline.

    Peter

        - Shenfeng Liu (Simon)

                BTW, I just took a small surgery yesterday, and in the
                following week I
                have to spend most of the daytime in hospital for
                subsequent treatment. So
                my response to the mail threads may be slow. But I will
                try to catch up on
                this topic.

            Get well soon!

            Best regards,
            peter

                - Shenfeng Liu (Simon)

                2012/10/26 Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org
                <mailto:peter.ju...@gmx.org>>

                   Hi Don,

                    thanks for the notice. Unfortunately, the Apache
                    Asia Roadshow 2012 seem
                    to lack of promoting the event. I only heard about
                    it by coincidence a
                    couple of days ago.

                    (more inline)