-----Original Message-----
From: Terry [mailto:terauck-aoous...@yahoo.com.au]
<
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-users/201111.mbox/%3c1320227545.89589.yahoomail...@web161702.mail.bf1.yahoo.com%3e>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 02:52
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org

Hi.  I have been following the ooo-dev list (not reading all emails of course)
and there is a current topic about shutting down the old mailing lists.  If
you want an atom feed, this is the link:
http://markmail.org/atom/ooo-dev+list:org.apache.incubator.ooo-dev

This is the an extract from the last email showing in my feed in Google
Reader:
[quote]
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201111.mbox/%3c011d01cc9914$28309550$7891bff0$@apache.org%3e>

Let's get clear:
1. If someone posts to one of the old e-mail list addresses (e.g.,
use...@openoffice.org), what is intended to happen?  What is the observed
behavior?  How does this extend to use
of -subscribe, -unsubscribe, -help, -owner (or their OO.o counterparts), etc.
?
2. (a) If someone sends an e-mail to an existing account/e-mail address
(e.g., orc...@openoffice.org), what is intended to happen?  What does the
individual that it current forwards to get to know or do about it?  The person
sending the e-mail?  If the forwarding bounces, what will happen? (b) If the
account is closed/deleted, what are the 2(a) answers. [close quote]

My recollection is that an email was to be sent to the old lists telling
people which new list they could subscribe to.

This is an extract from the first email in the current thread on ooo-dev:
[quote]
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201111.mbox/%3c016101cc98b7$bacd0fe0$30672fa0$@apache.org%3e>
There are problems concerning migration of yourname@ openoffice.org, listname@
openoffice.org, and servicename@ openoffice.org.  Consequently, all yourname@
openoffice.org addresses will be shut down when the migration goes into its
final stages sometime in November.
[close quote]

Regards, Terry